Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Namesake movie VS. The Namesake book



          I had mixed thoughts about the movie The Namesake compared to the book. I thought the book was so great because there was such fantastic detail and you could imagine almost every scene because the author would describe it to you so thoroughly. In the movie I was surprised because they had to cut so much of the book out of the movie to make it all fit and make the movie make sense. I thought they could have done a better job of putting more detail like the author had in the book.
            As for the parts that they did put good detail and followed the book I thought it was great. I thought the characters that played Ashima and Ashoke were exactly who I would have cast for that part. They fit the character description all the way from the way they looked from the way they acted. Also the man who played Gogol did a great job portraying Gogols life through the ups and downs. There were some parts of the movie that were straight from the book and I noticed that very easily because they did such a great job making it exactly like the book.
            Over all I thought the movie was a good movie but for me it didn’t make complete sense because they left out so much detail from the book. I would not recommend it to any of my friends unless they have read the book. I would recommend some of my friends to read the book and if they liked it, to watch the movie so you can see the characters you have always imagined on the big screen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment